The installer needs to validate that motion events being triggered in Arecont cameras are being received by the recorder.
- Ensure the camera(s) are on the current firmware.
- Download and install ONVIF Device Manager (ODM): https://sourceforge.net/projects/onvifdm/
- Go to the Events tab on the camera webpage. Adjust your motion settings and confirm it is triggering properly. You should see green blocks when motion is detected.
- Install ODM on the server and launch it.
- On the upper left, log in with the same username and password as the camera.
- Click Refresh on the lower left. If cameras do not populate, you may need to add them manually.
- Click on the camera then select Events.
- When motion is detected you should see the state change from 0 > 1 and vice versa.
- Once you've confirmed motion is triggering on the camera webpage and in ODM, add it to the VMS using the Arecont Vision driver for older legacy cameras, or if it's a Contera camera, add it using ONVIF.
- If motion is not triggering in the VMS, open a ticket with that manufacturer.