AVIP Utility does not show the camera being password-protected even though the web page prompts for a login.
NOTE: The reset operation resets the password and call camera settings to their defaults.
- Download Costar Utility from here: https://sales.arecontvision.com/software.php
- Follow the steps here to install the program: Costar Utility: Install and Uninstall
- Launch Costar Utility and wait for the auto-discovery to complete.
- Highlight the camera > Click Reset Password > Create Nonce/Magic Code File.
- Save the Nonce file to your PC.
- Click OK.
- Email this file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TAC will reply with a key file or recover file depending on the camera model.
- Highlight the camera > Click Reset Password > Reset Password Using Key File.
- Click Yes then click OK.
- Locate the key file then click Open.