Recording licenses are not preloaded for Contera products. Contera VMS systems are generally registered, licensed and set up over the Internet using web services. Typically you can follow the directions in your registration email to set up an account and connect the recorder. After your Contera recorder is logged into a Channel Partner account in web services, the serial number is verified and licenses are automatically assigned.
If you can't connect your Contera VMS to the Internet you must add a license manually. This will require another PC with Internet access.
***Before updating the camera license It is strongly recommended to export configuration settings from the recorder. The export file will only be used if corruption occurs. ConteraVMS: How to perform a export / import
Registering the system requires the Contera Serial Number and System ID.
- Get the Contera Serial Number.
- If you have a physical recorder, the serial number is on the back of your recorder.
- If you purchased VMS software, the serial number is in your confirmation email.
- Click Setup > General Configuration > System Settings > Licensing > Add New License.
- Note the System ID on the right. If you have a physical recorder, you can also get the Serial Number here.
- Select Manual registration and click Next.
- From another PC with Internet access go to https://activate.gp4f.com.
- Enter the Serial Number then click Next.
- Enter your System ID from Step 3 and check mark the serial number. Click Register.
- The Unlock Code needed to license the system will be displayed.
- Go back to the licensing window and enter the Serial Number and Unlock Code. Click Next.
- The license should be applied successfully.