- Transfer 3rd party hardware server license to another 3rd party hardware server.
- Contera Server software
- 3rd party hardware
- ConteraWS license
- Turn on the new server but make sure it's not connected to the internet!!
- Install software Contera Server software on the new server.
- On the new server, click on Setup>Camera Settings>Licensing click on "Edit" and enter the old "Recorder serial number"
- Click on System Setting>General setting tab Import config (complete Restore)
Note: if a backup from the old server is used then the Contera Server software on the new server must be the same taken from.
- Remove the old server from the internet. (Disconnect the Cat5 cable from the network)
- Connect the new recorder server to the network.
- Confirm Network connection is good in the Network Configuration> Diagnostics Tab menu.
- Enter the Registration code in the ConteraWS menu.
- Once you connect you see a Device ID number.
- Go back to the Camera Settings>Licensing tab and click the refresh button.