A password has been set on a camera and neither the customer nor integrator knows it.
For best results see the below:
- Once a nonce file has been generated, do not do anything with the camera (i.e. power cycle it) until you are ready to apply the key files. If the camera was powered down before the reset code was applied then a new Noncefile will have to be generated and reapplied.
- Nonce files are valid for approximately 24 hours. If it does not work reach out to technical support.
- Directly connect to the camera with a PoE injector for the best results.
- Disable any firewall or security software on the workstation.
- Disable sub-interfaces on the Ethernet adapter
- JCI Specific: Disable the Cisco AnyConnect Security Mobility Client and the virtual Ethernet (Default Switch) adapters.
- We have encountered issues resetting passwords over Ubiquiti Wireless networks. If a password reset fails, connect directly to the same physical switch as the camera.
- For Verint Systems, remove the camera from the VMS then attempt a password reset. Password resets performed while connected to a Verint system have failed.
- If the camera says "Inaccessible" your workstation is not in the same network range as the camera. Change the workstation to match the camera. Relaunch AV IP Utility and it should say "Pwd Protected."
- Download and install AV IP Utility: https://sales.arecontvision.com/software.php
- Click on a camera. If needing a password reset for multiple cameras, press CTRL and click on each camera needed. It/They should be highlighted blue.
- Click Passwords > Reset Passwords > Create Nonce / Magic Code File.
- Save and email this file to Technical Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Do not do anything else with the camera until you upload the file provided by Technical Support.
- Click Passwords > Reset Passwords > Reset Passwords.
- Click Yes.
- Click OK.
- Locate the key that was provided by Technical Support and click Open.
- The camera status should change from Pwd Protected to Accessible within 30 seconds.
- If the password reset fails you will need to follow the instructions here: Password Reset Failure