- Contera Compact NVR Server ( raid card must be present)
- Contera High-Performance NVR ( raid card must be present)
The unit is beeping and needs to be silenced. The most likely cause is a failed/unseated HDD.
- Plugin a USB keyboard, USB mouse, and monitor into the unit.
- Log in with the below. If the defaults have been changed, you must contact your local Contera administrator.
- Username: NVRAdmin
- Password: dvr4321 (if the default password fails use the serial number from the recorder)
- Click Start then type archttpsrvgui then click on the item that appears.
- If UAC appears click Yes.
- The utility will launch minimized to the taskbar on the bottom right. Show all the icons then double click the icon highlighted.
The other option is to open a web browser and type in http://IP_address:82
- This page will appear.
- Click SAS RAID Controllers > ARC-1203-8i Web Management.
- Sign in with admin / 0000.
- Go to Information > RaidSet Hierarchy. You will see the status of the drives.
- In this example, the RAID Set #000 says Failed, and the Volume State is Degraded. You can see Slot#1 show as Free and shows the capacity and model of the HDD. Provide support with a screenshot of this page.
What likely happened is the array was built with 4 HDDs. Upon startup, one of the HDDs was unseated or not recognized putting it in this state.
- To mute the beeping go to System Controls > View Events / Mute Beeper.
- Do not assume the enclosures are all numbered the same! Identify the correct HDD to pull by performing the following. Pulling the wrong HDD can cause total loss of video. The HDD will flash red.
- Click Physical Drives > Identify Drive > Select the HDD in question > Click Submit.
- Rebuilding the array is the next step. Go to RAID Set Functions > Create Hot Spare > Put a checkmark next to Slot #1 > Put a checkmark next to Confirm The Operation > Click Submit.
- The message Hot Spare Disks Created Successfully will appear.
- Refresh the page and it should say Rebuilding. This will take a few hours to complete.